The benefit of reading this article for Nextspace Partners lies in its structured depth, clear articulation of key benefits, with some quantified metrics. Here are some:
- Companies with high interoperability are 11% more likely to sustain compressed transformations(where a companies have to transform multiple parts of their business at the same time or execute a single large transformation much faster than ever before).
- Companies with high interoperability grew revenue 6X faster than their peers with low interoperability and are set to unlock an additional five percentage points in annual revenue growth.
- Companies with high interoperability are also more efficient, successful at customer experience, productive and sustainable.
The paper also mentions case studies:
- GN Group
- Life Science industry
- Travel industry
A third benefit is that the paper examines obstacles to interoperability.
- Enterprises have more choices today due to the large number of cloud-based applications available.
- More voices are involved in technology decision making.
- Other enterprises—60% of respondents in the study—are held back from improving interoperability becausethey struggle to align their application strategy with overall business goals.
- Another 57% cite lack of buy-in from senior leadership.
- 44% lack a clear ROI or business case.
- 34% believe interoperability is simply too expensive.
Finally the paper recommends three key actions:
- Leverage the cloud
- Invest in composable tech
- Focus on meaningful collaboration.