The Importance of Data Interoperability: 8 Experts Weigh In
Here’s the list of the concepts to save you time reading it:
- Data as a complete resource for growth. Providing operational insight, educated decisions and shared workflows for improved efficiency.
- A sum greater than its parts. Trends identified through multi-variable data analysis. A need to balance interoperability and confidentiality.
- The value of data exchange as well as the value of bringing content, context, and meaning together.
- Avoiding the cost of decoding input data from multiple sources.
- The requirement for a unifying specification to define the data format.
- The need to architect vendors around data interoperability. Expect interoperability as a table stakes requirement. If a vendor’s solution isn’t open and interoperable, find one whose is.
- Broader decisions and indirect analysis from informed data and unrelated use cases.
- Interoperability ensures IOT is not a means to an end, but a data source into broader strategies.
- Interoperability is the key to good user experiences.
Why it’s relevant to Nextspace
The article is of interest to Nextspace Partners because it provides a one paragraph glimpse into 8 views on interoperability. Your clients’ viewpoints are likely to be as diverse, and some blend of the core 8 views above.